Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Share and Voice: Transportation!?!?




So.... This summer will be my first summer staying in Duluth, which I'm very excited for. This means, I won't have my parents cars to use freely when needed. Here's my predicament.. I have the option of getting an A to B car or perhaps a scooter. Of course I will walk as much as possible, bike, and ride the DTA considering that's what I have been doing for the past 3.5 years. But... for the past 3.5 years my 2 main destinations have been school and the DECC. I'm hoping I will get out and see what Duluth is really about this summer. Such a tough decision. Here are my pros and cons of each:

Car Pros- Fits more people, more comfortable for long trips, not dependable on the weather, safer. Cons- More expensive with gas, and insurance, parking is harder, won't feel the wind blowing in my hair on a hot summers day, maybe be hard to sell after done with.

Scooter Pros- Smaller, easier for parking, better on gas
Cons- 1-2 people maximum, mom wouldn't like the idea, weather becomes a factor


I have researched both on how they tie into the environment and here are some article that have left me torn..



I know that there are environment freindy cars but I'm still a college student trying to get by.Until the decision, I will stick with walking and the DTA!!


3 comments:

  1. Sara,
    Wow, I can't imagine not having wheels, personally I like the Porche. Great post again I thought that the scooter were the answer, but I was wrong. The two links were really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, that's a tough one...I almost bought a scooter last summer. It would have been sweet and my aunt has one and loves it!
    But I remember it raining quite a bit last summer. (Or maybe just on my days off.) So that's something you'll have to consider.
    Good luck on your decision, Sarah. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a scooter! How awesome would that be, only problem in Duluth is you could only use it a few months of the year. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete