Monday, May 4, 2009

Advocacy Project: Online Learning Activity



The topic that my bill is related to is having more physical and health education provided within the schooling system. Also, the bill is suggesting that annual report cards as to the progress of the students in these 2 classes are given out to the parents. It was hard to find an activity that related to this, but I found something simple and fun that kids can work with. The worth website is a great resource.


The place to check out is Kids Health. There are lots of interesting information and can make learning about healthy living alittle more appealing to younger kids.


On this website there is a link Movies and Games which has some fun little games.


Once you are at the games link, they offer 4 different game: Halloween Candy Game, MIssion Nutrition, The Spelling Bee, and Time for Bed? Try them all out if you have the time.. I actually had a had time with the spelling bee!!


Take a look around the website too, if you have the time!!!
Here are some Informative sites about childhood obesity..






4 comments:

  1. I liked to do the "Time for bed" game. It is definetly a much needed topic for me, so I liked reading up on it a lot. There are five stages of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara haha ookay so I apparently can't spell. I'm not even going to say how many I got right! It was kinda fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara,
    Had fun with the tests, who knew that elephants only sleep 4 hours a day! Good info!

    ReplyDelete