Friday, May 1, 2009

Week 13& 14

Week 13

It's funny how every week I'm surprised how fast this semester is going. Now look at us.. a couple weeks left.. CRAZY!!

So this week we watched a video titled "storyof stuff". I found it really interesting, but at time I thought it was very bias. It was put into a chain that I have never thought of before, but also, I htink we need to take into consideration the things we "need". I agree, there is generally a better and environmentally freind way to go about things, but making the change is the hardest thing once your in a routine. Also, we had to post a blog from our advocacy project that was titled"issue overview:. This was interesting because we had to research our project and prepare ourselves for questions that might be against our topic.

If I ever chose to be an advocate, then I think ill have a good grasp on what it takes.

Week 14

On tuesday we had a speaker come and talk to us about what it'slike being a post graduate. It was really intriguing becuase we can relate on a personal basis with him. He is working for the school and had a lot of information on what he did. One thing that he mention that really caught my attention was that youreally have to be aware of what vocabulary you use when talking to the public.

My favorite part of the past 2 weeks occured when we had to repurpose "junk" that Dr.V had found. We actually came up with some original ideas. It was cool to see what the other groups thought of. My mom is into stuff like that, but I dont know if it's my thing. I dont think I'mthat creative haha.


3 comments:

  1. Toole,
    Get a new space bar!! Good Post, it sure is crazy how fast the time has gone, can't say I'm disappointed though!! Only One week left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,

    We did have a lot of great ideas in our "Re-purposing" group projects. I like how we have candle ideas for every piece of junk. Also, the masters degree program guest speaker did have a good point that in the public eye you have to use wording that will not upset anyone, or wording that can be less contraversial will help your organization. These are important notes I liked.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sara I really enjoyed the re-purposing activity. Pretty sure our group had the best ideas. Hands down.

    ReplyDelete