Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Share and Voice: Recycled Clothing!! Eco-Fleece!!

HEY EVERYBODY!! haha how enthuastic was that!?! Guess I'm just getting excited how fast the time is winding down and how close it is to being summer!!!

Sooo.. a couple of weeks ago I got the change to visit Washington, DC. While I was there, we had some free time and of course I used to to go shopping. My all time favorite store here in the USA is Urban Outfitters ( we don't have one where I'm from in Canada :( While I was in there just browsing around I nocited lots of the clothes had a recycling label on the tags.

This is what it looks like..




"Seriously soft Alternative Apparel Eco fleece sweatshirt with topstitched detailing along the raglan sleeves, all made with earth-friendly eco-heather yarn. Imported."

I guess it's getting more popular and more stores are carrying this kind of material.. Here's a little more on urban outfitters!!

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/06/urban_outfitter.php

This is just another thing that will be going on in your head everyday you go shopping.. How can I help the environement??



3 comments:

  1. I have looked on the treehugger.com website before and it is an environmentalist's best friend. That website has a lot of great eco-friendly tips and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmkay so urban outfitters is my fav too..it's a problem cause it's oober expensive. I think it's interesting how sometimes these clothes "recycled" are often times more expensive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toole,
    Thanks for the tip now I know where to go shopping to keep up with you young pups! Good post!

    ReplyDelete