Friday, April 3, 2009

Reflections: Week 9 & 10

Week 9

Holy moly, I feel like every reflection I write, I'm shocked by how fast the time is flying by!! This one included!

During week nine we started to discuss advocacy. We covered what it was and how and when people can be advocates. There are many opportunities for people to advocate for something the believe in and thereare many different ways onecan going about being an advocate. We also discussed our photo eassy which included different techniques of taking pictures, ethics regards what to take pictures of and when conscent in needed. I know how to use the basics on my camera and don't even think it has some advanced features that we discussed, but they were interesting to learn about.

We did have to do a post regarding our policical representatives of minnesota and Duluth. I found this interesting because I hadno idea who any of these poeple were except one, Amy Klobuchar. Our hockey team were fortunate to go to the White Houset his summer to meet the president and she was there along with other representatvies to greet us. I liked doing the post, but didn;t really enjoy commenting on it, becuase we all had to same information. Some people did have a nice lay out and showed some pictures of the people, which was nice.

Week 10

During this time, Dr.V was out of town at and convention in Florida. This gave lots of time for me to catch up with school work from other classes and just relax on tuesdays and thursdays.Almost like a mini spring break!

These past 2 weeks went by really fast and beofre we know it, it's going to be finals week! So farI think the photo essay was one of my favorite projects in this class. I'm was really hooked on it once I started and ended up taking wayy more pictures than I needed. Who knew I would find soemthing that interested me in such a short time. Thanks derek!!


3 comments:

  1. I agree I just can't believe how many of these reflections we've already done. It's just that much closer to the warm weather that I can't wait for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mini spring break was super fun. I enjoyed it very much. We all were able to learn a very important piece of information that being whom are political leaders are in our local area. This is an important piece of knowledge to have when wanting to change, or advocate for a special interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tool,
    Thanks for the PROPS!! Good reflection! I'm a big advocate of all kinds of spring breaks, I think we should have more of them!!

    ReplyDelete