Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Share and Voice: 30 Ways 30 Days!


So I was just creepin around the web last night on tips for going green and I came across a site called 30 ways 30 days. It have 30 different tips on how to become more green. It's ironic, becasue I feel like we all "know" how to be greener, but were stuck in the lifestyle we live and have lived our whole lives and making change is the hard part.

Anyways, back on the site I found. All the tips are pretty interesting and they have a few that caught my eye so I decided to read up on them more. Here's one I found kinda gross, but surprising becuase it never crossed my mind...

-Each year America's 73 million dogs produce around 10 million tons of dog poop. Cat litter from America's 90 million cats results in around 2 millions tons of used cat litter being sent to landfills each year.

-Estimates of 100 million trees are used each year for junk and bulk mail. When you include the printing, transportation of literature and additional manpower for getting them into your mailbox, the impact of wasted paper products is enormous.

Basically I just looked at the 30 things and pick a few that were new to me. Who knows who reliable this website is.. I just thought the 30 ways were something to consider.

http://www.30ways30days.com/







3 comments:

  1. Ew that is a lot of dog poop and cat feces. It is a good idea to incorporate pets into how to improve your waste efficancy. We should put that feces into a compost pile and let it create fertilizer for your local garden or lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    It seems that everywhere you look these days we could be doing something differently to help our planet. It's good that people are at least becoming aware of it. The next step is making the changes. Good Find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good find! I'm all about the bulk buying..sams club and costco!

    ReplyDelete